Monday, January 19, 2015

Good Muslim, Bad Muslim Podcast


Good Muslim, Bad Muslim is a project of Zahra Noorbakhsh and Taz Ahmed. I listened to the first episode. I likely would have devalued it at a previous stage of my life. I have always been suspicious of the idea of a cultural Muslim. And I'm probably about 15 years older than the authors, and my sense of humor has atrophied :-(

Perhaps we Muslims in the USA need a multiplicity of voices. Consider Good Muslim, Bad Muslim one of Chairman Mao's thousand flowers blooming or George H.W. Bush's thousand points of light. Well, hopefully it will be better than those examples.

Despite this, I hope to follow Taz & Zahra on their journey and perhaps learn something or regain a sense of humor. Discuss the episodes on Twitter using the hashtag #GoodMuslimBadMuslim.